Thank you to everyone who completed the Parents Remote Learning Survey. We were delighted by the number of parents that responded and the overwhelmly positive responses.
93% of our parents and carers are HAPPY (scoring a 4 or 5) with the schools remote learning provision, when compared with the remote learning which took place during the first National Lockdown in March-July 2020.
89% of our parents and carers say their child is completing the same or more school work when compared to the remote learning which took place during the first National Lockdown in March-July 2020.
92% of our families say that it is EASY (scoring a 4 or 5) to access the remote lessons and teaching resources.
Here are some of the comments made by our parents and carers:
“Love the google meets – so much better for the children and gives them more normality seeing their teacher and classmates. “
“Brilliant for children to be able to interact with the class and teachers. It makes it feel more normal in this time and helps to understand the framework and style you use.”
“Excellent support all round!”
“Everything seems to be working really well. Home learning has been a lot easier this time around with timetables and work set out in one slide. We’ve been loving the live lessons. Thank you for all your hard work. “
“The work set is just the right amount and always very clear and well explained. Thank you!”
“Teaching staff are doing a wonderful job in incredibly tough circumstances. We really cannot fault the effort and support being given.”
We have updated our Remote Learning Offer following the review which took in views of the children, parents and staff. The response from all viewpoints was overwhelmingly positive with clear next steps for us to develop Lakeside’s Remote Learning Offer further.
The main elements of the updated offer include:
- The loan of Chromebooks to children from EYFS to Year 6. Please contact the office or complete the loan from shared weekly on Parent Hub.
- A revised program for English learning with a focus on structured and modelled writing units.
- Additional celebration of remote learning. Weekly star of the week and additional ‘Star from Afar!’
- In Key Stage 2 Additional online learning platform to support spelling, Spelling Shed. Login details will be provided by Direct Message on Parent Hub
- Additional opportunities to share books and reading.
- Additional Live Learning Sessions from Monday 22nd February.
Included is a summary of the responses for your information and a leaflet produced by the Trust on tips for remote learning.